Soba @ Callington
COMBINE JAPANESE MASTER SOBA NOODLE CHEFS, A LARGE DOLLOP OF CULTURE AND AN ICONIC WINDMILL…
Join master soba noodle chefs from Japan coming to Callington Mill, Oatlands for a demonstration of every step of the process of soba noodle making using Tasmanian buckwheat which has been ground at Callington Mill.
Date: Sunday, 25th February 2018
Time: 12pm - 4pm
Location: Callington Mill Precinct, 1 Mill Lane, Oatlands Tasmania
Cost: Entry to Soba@Callington is a free event.
A range of food and refreshments will be available for purchase in the precinct on the day.
Visitors can also enjoy a range of Japanese cultural and artistic activities, including:
- Calligraphy & Origami;
- Traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony;
- Taiko drummers;
- Kimono display with an opportunity to dress in a kimono and have your photo taken;
- Performance by a visiting Japanese opera singer.
Other activities for you to enjoy in the Callington Mill precinct;
- Take a guided tour of Callington Mill;
- Purchase Callington Mill flour products;
- See Buckwheat growing in the heritage vegetable garden;
- Go back in time with a visit to the blacksmiths forge and other heritage dwellings within the historic Callington Flour Mill precinct;
- Collect your special Soba@Callington Tiger Track Stamp;
- Childrens activities in the adjacent Callington Park.
Come and experience all that Oatlands has to offer.
Come to Soba@Callington and then spend some time exploring the many heritage Georgian buildings that abound in Oatlands and pop into our many shops and eateries.